Save 30% on Full Price Styles See detailsFree 2-Day Shipping
- Your first and last name;
- A physical address;
- An email address;
- A telephone number;
- Any other information that may allow you to be contacted physically or online;
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect both PII and non-personally identifiable, aggregate information from you as you use our Site. We collect PII from you when you interact with us directly and provide that information, for example when you create an account or make a purchase from the Site. We also collect non-identifiable, anonymous information from you as you visit our Site, view our online content or use our services.
We may collect, and you may provide to us, the following information:
- Your name, email address, IP address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, and credit card information.
- A third party’s personal information, such as name and email address, that you provide to us when you want to share product information with the third party. That information will only be used for the specific purpose (to deliver the email) and Solstice will not further contact the third party unless he or she contacts us.
In most cases, you will know what data we collect through the Site, because you actively submit it. We collect actively submitted data primarily for the purpose for which you originally sent us the data including, for example, to create your customer account; or to sell and deliver your products; or when you sign up for our mailing list. We may also use this data internally as research data to improve our products and services, and for purposes of advertising, promoting, and informing you about products, services, initiatives, and events. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails as explained below.
We also collect non-identifiable, anonymous information from you as you visit our Site, view our online content, or use our services, including:
- Passively tracking technical information about your computing device and Internet connection, such as the IP address of the device and/or Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Site, the Internet address of websites from which you link to our Site, the computer technology (such as the operating system) that you are using and your navigation and preferences on our Site.
The anonymous data collected from you is consolidated or aggregated with those of other users and are not generally not personally identifiable. Solstice will not link this anonymous data with your PII. This information therefore cannot be tracked back to you individually.
We collect passively tracked data primarily for purposes of administering, protecting and improving our Site and our systems, to better understand the preferences of our Site visitors, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage, to help personalize your experience of our Site, and to personalize offers.
In certain instances, we may combine the different types of information we have collected. We may combine passively tracked data with data that you actively submit so as to, for instance, provide better service to Site visitors, customize the Site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, to otherwise administer and improve the Site for your use, and to personalize offers (for example, combined information may allow us to recommend products to you based on what you have liked in the past).
When do we collect your information?
We collect your information when you:
- Create a customer account;
- Purchase our products through the Site;
- Register for promotions through the Site;
- Respond to communication such as e-mail;
- When you register or subscribe through the Site to use our services or receive our product information;
- Actively opt-in to join our mailing list;
- Refer someone to the Site for a product recommendation or active promotion; or
- Visit the Site.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
We use the information we collect for the original purpose for which it was collected, for e.g., to create and maintain your customer account, or for order fulfillment. We may also use this data internally as research data to improve our products and services, and for purposes of advertising, promoting, and informing you about products, services, initiatives, and events.
- to create and provide you with a customer account;
- to process your purchase and to deliver the product to you, including allowing our third-party payment service providers to proves payment for your purchase;
- to communicate with you about your order or any of your other inquiries;
- to maintain a customer mailing list so we can market our products to you;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest). You may be contacted by phone or email;
- to send you information/materials via e-mail or sms-messages about products, offers and news we think could interest you. This information may relate to products, offers and news of Solstice and/or its licensees or carefully selected commercial partners. We only send you these communications if you have opted-in to receive Solstice’s e-mails and/or sms messages. We provide means to opt-out of receiving these communications if you so choose. See the 'Opt-out, Delete or Modify Personal Data' section below;
- to track how our websites are used and to analyze visits to the website and learn about the interests of our visitors in aggregate and also on personal level to better understand your interest and need, so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features and promotions that you are most interested in;
- to anonymize, aggregate, and/or otherwise de-identify our customer data for market research and strategic planning purposes; or
- to notify you about changes to our policies and service.
How do we disclose or share the information that we collect?
- We may disclose your Personal Data to our third-party partners or suppliers, including our affiliated third party fulfillment provider Trade Global; third party payment processing providers Cybersource and PayPal; third party CRM Custora and SailThru, our Email Service Provider, to send transactional and promotional emails to others.
- Your data may be disclosed as required by law, for security purposes, or to prevent imminent harm.
- We may disclose your Personal Data if we sell or buy any business or assets
How long do we keep your information?
We keep the PII that we collect only for as long as it is reasonably necessary. We will retain your information as long as it is needed to provide you with our services, such as to create and maintain your customer account and for order fulfillment; and/or during the time when your customer account continues to exist. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with applicable legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
How do we protect your information?
We have implemented various security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Your PII is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized personnel and service providers, who have special access rights in order to do their jobs and are required to keep the information confidential. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also protect your credit card number by preventing access. We also protect your credit card number by tokenizing all credit card information, and we do not store credit card information on our servers. We also truncate your credit card number to the last four digits when we communicate with you about your order.
Please keep in mind though that whenever you give out PII online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect our Site user's PII and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose or share your personal or other information.
How to opt-out, delete, or modify your PII
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your PII is accurate and kept up-to-date. We encourage you to update your PII promptly if it changes.
You have the right to access and to correct the PII we collect about you. You may access and correct, if necessary, your information through the “My Account” page on the Site. You may cancel your customer account at any time, and you can choose to opt-out of receiving any e-mails from Solstice. Additionally, you can choose to have all your PII deleted from our database. If you want to opt-out, delete or modify your PII, please contact the customer care center 1.866.280.7620 or email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time after receiving your request.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from those under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our websites or on or through any of their features/register on our websites, make any purchases through the websites, use any of the interactive features of our website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from someone under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about someone under 13, please contact us at PrivacyIssues.SMC@safilo.com
California Residents Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our portal that are California residents to request certain information, including the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their marketing purposes and the names and addresses of those third parties, regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to PrivacyIssues.SMC@safilo.com or this address:
Solstice Sunglasses Privacy Issues – Legal Department
300 Lighting Way Suite 400
Secaucus, NJ 07094.
The Sites, including any public forums that are provided, are not specifically aimed at those under the age of 18 (minors). To the extent that minors post content on the Sites, they may remove, or request the removal of, such content on the website pursuant to The Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World Act (Eraser Law). Please request content removal in writing by email or written request to the contact address provided below. Solstice will take reasonable steps to remove or hide such content on the Sites. However, please note that such removal may not remove all traces of the posted content.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
The Site does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, Your Browser allows you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Third parties that have content embedded on the Site such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Site from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from the Site unless you provide it to them directly.
Changes to this Policy
How you can contact us about your privacy concerns:
Solstice Sunglasses Privacy Legal Department
300 Lighting Way
Secaucus, NJ 07094
or email PrivacyIssues.SMC@safilo.com